Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Series II - Clown #1 - April Bluebird

Ah, the bluebird. I love birds. And this is a symbol for happiness, not to mention the bird of my childhood state, New York.

April, coming round again to start the second year of Clowns here, marks a nice anniversary for the Madcap Credo; not to mention, April 1st - Fool's Day, and the god of Laughter's day in the ancient Celtic Calendar, for a fun tidbit - is my birthday.

"He who laughs, lasts", said Mary Pettibone Poole, wisely.

The Fool often has a kind of sharp wisdom about him, through all cultures, and I enjoy how the longevity of humor, wit, cleverness, and the invariable insight that comes with that package, is apart of the Fool's pathos. It lends to the archetype's power in the long run.

So when my birthday, or for everyone else, Fools Day, comes around, synonymous notions kickstart in me.

Given that this is the start of our second year here at A Madcap Credo, I wanted to rejuvenate my drive on the subject and do something fresh. The first series last season was loosing appeal, and no longer held interest for me in the approach I had habitualized. Perfect time for a new direction!

Combining all of the above components, you get before you now, a welcoming, initiatory, pleasantly happy, quirky self-portrait for Series II of the Clowns of A Madcap Credo.

Clown #1 - April Bluebird:



Here's to a new year and a second series!

And as always, for questions, ideas, or interest in purchase, contact me directly HERE.

Until May 1st!

Mairin-Taj


No comments:

Post a Comment